Wikifang:Telefang 1 Translation Patch/Tasks
From Wikifang, a definitive guide to Telefang, Dino Device and Bugsite
Things to do
These are the things that still need to be worked on/finished for the patch, in no particular order.
- Finish the rest of the story
- Phone calls (Phone questions will require a text-width calculator and possibly extra hacking)
- Denjuu encyclopedia entries (Ditto)
- Text messages (Needs to be made functional before translation can even start.)
Complete the Telefang Patch disassembly (2.9kbytes remain)
- Implement proper text centering so that VWF text is properly centered
- Implement text compression.
- Right now it's not needed since we have the overflow bank, but given that we're branching out into other languages with larger strings it may be useful
- Current idea: "Call with implicit return" opcode that calls a particular address and returns after n bytes regardless of it's contents.
- Is there a way to do efficient huffman table decoding on GBz80?
- Automatic word-wrap, so that lines don't have to be formatted by the text injection tools (Is this still possible?)
- Yes this is still possible
- Make text messages display properly again
- Fix any patch-related oddities with the nickname entry screen
- Check the longer Denjuu/attack names to make sure they display properly.
- Change the icon for Chiru on the overworld to something that says Chiru.
- Fix any issues with the menus and title screen in DMG/SGB mode (Are there any?)
- Redraw the copyright information on the title screen to say "Kodansha" in English.
Translate the opening credits (Concept: Kino Kozue, Denjuu Design: Takaki Saiko, leave the Comic BomBom logo alone.)Done!
Make the text input screen cycle from uppercase-lowercase-numbers, instead of uppercase-numbers-lowercase.Done!
- Change the text placeholder strings to say "Placeholder" as well as the pointer for the string.
Write better insertion-extraction tools (What's wrong with them?)
- Write a text-width calculator to help with translating
- Fully document the bugfixes that have been added to the patch
- Find a way to eventually make the patch work on Speed
- Enabled VWF on all text
- Edited the tile mappings so that the "G" in the Telefang logo can hang with the rest of the family.
- (Accepted as patch v58 and then new graphics inserted in patch v59.)
- Removed kana selection from the naming screens, so that you can't use the weird precomposed glyphs.
- (Fixed in patch v59. Now the glyphs after letters in the naming screens are punctuation, which is expected.)
- Made it possible to nickname Denjuu with their full names. (Which version?)
- (Can use default names by not entering a nickname, but nicknames are still limited to 6 characters with no plans to change it.)