Wikifang:Telefang 1 Translation Patch
- 1 Latest version
- 2 Changelog
- 2.1 Version 1
- 2.2 Version 2
- 2.3 Version 3
- 2.4 Version 4
- 2.5 Version 5
- 2.6 Version 6
- 2.7 Version 7
- 2.8 Version 8
- 2.9 Version 9
- 2.10 Version 10
- 2.11 Version 11
- 2.12 Version 12
- 2.13 Version 13
- 2.14 Version 14
- 2.15 Version 15
- 2.16 Version 16
- 2.17 Version 17
- 2.18 Version 18
- 2.19 Version 19
- 2.20 Version 20
- 2.21 Version 21
- 2.22 Version 22
- 2.23 Versions 23-25
- 2.24 Version 26
- 2.25 Version 27
- 2.26 Version 28
- 2.27 Version 29
- 2.28 Version 30
- 2.29 Version 31
- 2.30 Version 32
- 2.31 Version 33
- 2.32 Version 34
- 2.33 Version 35
- 2.34 Version 36-38
- 2.35 Version 39
- 2.36 Version 40
- 2.37 Version 41
- 2.38 Version 42
- 2.39 Version 43
- 2.40 Version 44
- 2.41 Version 45
- 2.42 Version 46
- 2.43 Version 47
- 2.44 Version 48
- 2.45 Version 49
- 2.46 Version 50
- 2.47 Version 51
- 2.48 Version 52
- 2.49 Version 53
- 2.50 Version 54
- 2.51 Version 55
- 2.52 Version 56
- 2.53 Version 57
- 2.54 Version 58
- 2.55 Version 59
- 2.56 Version 60
- 2.57 Version 61
- 2.58 Version 62
- 2.59 Version 63
- 2.60 Version 64
- 2.61 Version 65
- 2.62 Version 66
- 2.63 Version 67
- 2.64 Version 68
- 2.65 Version 69
- 2.66 Version 70
- 2.67 Version 71
- 2.68 Version 72
- 2.69 Version 73
- 2.70 Version 74
- 2.71 Version 75
- 2.72 Version 76
- 2.73 Version 77
- 2.74 Version 78
- 2.75 Version 79
- 2.76 Version 80
- 2.77 Version 81
- 2.78 Version 82
- 2.79 Version 83
- 2.80 Version 84
- 2.81 Version 85
- 2.82 Version 86
- 2.83 Version 87
- 2.84 Version 88
- 2.85 Version 89
- 2.86 Version 90
- 2.87 Version 91
- 2.88 Version 92
- 2.89 Version 93
- 2.90 Version 94
- 2.91 Version 95
- 2.92 Version 96
- 2.93 Version 97
- 2.94 Version 98
- 2.95 Version 99
- 2.96 Version 100
- 2.97 Version 101
- 2.98 Version 102
- 2.99 Version 103
- 2.100 Version 104
- 2.101 Version 105
- 2.102 Version 106
- 2.103 Version 107
- 2.104 Version 108
Welcome! This page follows the updates on the Telefang 1 Translation Patch (currently active on Tulunk Village).
Started out as a vision and a thought, the members of Tulunk Village worked together to work towards what one day we would all achieve - a completely translated Telefang 1, as a proper English replacement to supersede the currently infamous bootlegged version.
Although still a work in progress, one day we can all realize this dream.
The patch currently only works with the Power version of the game.
The latest version is v108 by andwhyisit
- Fixes the bug where Denjuu with a contact number greater than 16 (as in your 17th Denjuu) would return the name of the Denjuu with contact number "((contactnum-1)%16)+1" instead.
- Added the english text characters in the rom
- Added all the english move names
- Name input, attack names and denjuu names
- The symbol for Chiru has been replaced
- Fangs renamed to Fungus with all the evolutions following suit
- All of the Evolutionary Stages are written out in full apart from "Super Machine Denjuu" which was shortened to "S.Machine Denjuu".
- Intro inserted in rom
- Added "NAV" to the bottom
- Changed font to a Pokémon-like one
Added text such as:
- "Give nickname?"
- "Fight/Status/Run" (I guessed on Fight and Run, but I know "Position" is supposed to say "Status")
- "____ has challenged you!"
- The T-Fanger Stranded Child (I called it "S. CHILD" due to the 8-character limit)
- "Save number?"
- "Critical!!" (I know I got this one right)
- Changed "Kryptoraid" to "Kryptoride" and "Kryptoarmor" to "Kryptoarm", but I didn't change any other Denjuu names
- Made some name adjustments plus cleaned up alot of the squashed effect with the names.
- Added "___ appeared!"
- Changed "Escape" to "Run"
- Added the "Fight"/"Run" text in the battle screen
- Added the types (used the same ones as the bootleg, because there's a 4-character limit, but I capitalized "Wood")
- Replaced "You defeated the enemy Denjuu!" with "The enemy Denjuu were defeated!" It means the same thing, but you don't have to worry about the was/were thing.
- Edited the screen where you pick your Denjuu. If you have none, it now says "- None -" and the top-right says "Pg."
- When viewing the D-Shot on a regular Game Boy, it loads different tilesets (from $1E4000-$1E7FFF, as opposed to $1EC000-$1EFFFF). Those buttons were redisigned, but only for the monochrome Game Boy so that we could still have the already existing ones.
- Added "ISOLATE" as a T-Fanger.
- Added the "NO SIGNAL" icon on the bottom left.
- Changed "___'s attack! ___!" to "___ used ___!" because of the text length issue.
- discovered where the preset name is (it is limited to 3 characters and each character is stored separate from each other), attempted to squeeze Shigeki into the 3 tiles.
- cleaned up names, renamed "Krypto" to "Crypto" (in both the Denjuu names and Dialogue text), and added the 's symbol (hex value 06).
- Translated Crypto's picture book entry. Scrunched down so that it fits two lines.
- Changed "___ used ___!" to "___'s move! ___!" There weren't any issues with text wrapping here.
- Revamped the phone button graphics to the Game Boy Color. In case anybody liked the old ones better, THOSE were moved to the Game Boy ones for now. Also added are the Speed buttons, unused.
- Added "You received ___ mail messages." There were different lines of text for each number (1-4), so there weren't any singular/plural issues.
- The NO SIGNAL fixed.
- Fixed the chopped off 0 on the phone.
- Added "I tell you my phone number!" because I got tired of looking at the garbled text, though since I just took it from Diamond, it's probably inaccurate.
A lot of translations of battle messages, plus:
- Added in Toronko Village and Kurinon Village as map locations; check them out.
- Switched the lowercase and uppercase buttons, but didn't change the entries yet.
- Copied all the Denjuu Arrive/Denjuu Attack phrases from the Diamond ROM
- Added "___ arrived!" when a Denjuu arrives.
- Added the Smoke status effect. Called it "Fog" for now.
- Added "Are you sure?" when you selected your Denjuu.
- Added "Go! _____!" when fighting a T-Fanger.
- Fixed the name entry values
- Added Kimbles' battle translations
- The "You have # messages" tiles are done.
- "Ok!" stamp is done, with palette changes of course!
- Item names done.
- Added Cancel in menu and "No Items".
- Made Cancel and No Items look better.
- Added personalities and status effects
- Added Kimbles' shop text.
- Added most of the dialogue in Toronko Water Station, up to part of the way when you wake up Nejiro.
- Made all the shop text point to one place, freeing some space.
- Rest of the translated stuff for Kakuza Party done.
- Toronko Village dialogue almost done.
- The word "Denjuu" can now be accessed with the code E56600.
- The default name is now "Shigeki".
Andwhyisit's in-house developtment versions.
- v23 and v24 contained the fix for the E5 code words but aside from that they were mostly failed attempts.
- v25 contained Kimbles font and that E5 code word fix (which I pulled from v24). I was set to release v25, but I waited until v26 was done instead.
- v26 contains the rest of the updates mentioned..
- Changed the font to Kimbles' font
- Cleaned up some code
- Cleaned up the look of the Denjuu names so that it doesn't look ugly
- Updated the Denjuu names to match the wiki
- Skipped three versions
- Made the promised fixes
- Changed the T-Fanger ISOLATE to KAKUZA
- Fixed minor cases of double characters in wrong places
- Made the attack list header read "Moves"
- All the map label text is now translated
- Made "Cancel" in the menu look better again since Andwhyisit probably skipped version 14.1, to go with the soon-to-be-added translated menu.
- Created some asm code to allow running asm code from the previously empty bank 1.
- Replaced the place names with correct translations (see here).
- Added a working variable width font feature!
- Width table is located at 2FB00.
- Modified the font to work with Malias' variable width hack.
Skipped by Sanky for unknown reasons. Shame on him! (okay actually this version had the modified intro but not the other changes)
- Title screen now says "POWER VERSION".
- New lines in the intro are modified to make full use of the VWF.
- Labels on the map when you press start are done (again!). Includes full names like Toronko Village instead of Toronko Vill.. The only shortening is Pepperi Mount., because Pepperi Mountain didn't fit by one character.
- Solved a problem with the VWF code.
By andwhyisit: v36: Ported back over the changes from v29. v37: Didn't go anywhere really. Dropped v37 and started the counter back up at v38 because v37 was going in the wrong direction and needed to be scrapped and stated again from v36. v38: Restructured some of the VWF code to make it easier to read.
- Rewrote all suspect "LD (nn),A" and "LD A,(nn)" in the code so that they wrote to and read from an otherwise unused section of ram. THIS FIXES THE DENJUU CALL GLITCH.
- Made various ASM fixes to get rid of the disappearing first character bug:
Made this change: 3E 08 ld a,08 3E 07 ld a,07 on the following adresses: Status screen personality - 9164 "Fight" upon opening moves - 14CCA In-battle Denjuu names - 17633 142F0 Additional in-battle Denjuu name fixes: ROM:017E2C CD 61 64 call 6461 ROM:017E2C 00 00 00 nop nop nop ROM:01594B CD 61 64 call 6461 ROM:01594B 00 00 00 nop nop nop This fixes the Denjuu name after winning: ROM:017363 3E 04 ld a,04 ROM:017363 3E 03 ld a,03
- Still needs fixing:
- Denjuu name when a status effect appears, e.g. Fog
- The HP/DP bars, first character gets overwritten on battle start
- Changed the font to a custom, thinner one
- Applied the SGB enabling patch
- Put in all new translations by Kimbles using a dumper and a script to re-insert the text I wrote
- Redone everything story-wise (intro, Nerikara's speech, Nejiro/Netaro text, etc.)
- Redone battle messages and "general" bank
- Started work on Kurinon
- Changed 0x00 to a full-width space
- fixes the monochrome phone graphics and the ? and - widths
- Garbled text removed.
- Wrapping line breaks fixed.
- Full-width spaces (0x00) replaced with half-width spaces (0x20).
- "DEKICHBA" changed to "Tabasco".
- "KAKUZA" changed to "Kakuza".
- Untested fix to text rendering while switching Denjuu.
- Title screen is now IN ENGLISH!
- "Civilized Denjuu" changed to "Cultured Denjuu".
- Kurinon story text
- Some calls, partially text messages but they don't display properly.
- Other fixes in older text.
- Minor title screen edit.
- Fixed some Yes/No questions.
- Changed garbled text on level up screen. Not perfect but it'll do for now.
- Started work on breaking the denjuu name limit.
- Solved the disappearing personalities bug that showed up in the last version.
- Wrote a few asm functions later used in v51. No visible changes.
- More advancements made towards breaking the limit.
Note: The E5 code for pointer 0x114060] needs to be changed to E5 A0 CC or «&0xcc90» in the text dump to match this patch.
- Repositioned and repointed the compressed data from bank 37h.
- Completely translated the menus
- Translated the status screen
- Changed the ugly "No items" icon
- Changed the ugly "POWER VERSION" text on the title screen
- Fixed the nicknaming screen.
- Changed the status screen a bit.
- Added in Kimbles' translations of the Denjuu phrases!
- New English title screen added.
- Sprite layout modified so that sprites 0Fh and 10h were situated below the G in the telefang logo.
- The G in the title screen was moved down thanks to kmeisthax repositioning those sprites for me.
- The 2-char character tiles were removed, as well as all use of them in-game.
- All missing ascii characters were added in (20h to 7Fh) and the dash shortened. This means that the tilde will now show.
or Telefang - Power Version (J) [C][!] (Eng. beta branch-vwffix): by kmeisthax
- Made VWF work for the rest of the text
- Disabled the string centering routine
- Translated the index complete certificate
- Put in new translations and doubled the character limits of the following:
- Item names, T-Fangers, attacks, habitats, personalities, status effects
- See Lists for details
- Made the Denjuu name in ___ appeared! correct
- Fixed the Denjuu call screen text routine to not use clobbered tile pointer every character and instead respect the VWF state OldTileMode.
- String centering undisabled because Sanky's branch didn't get the patch and I forgot to document it.
- (Speaking of which, did you know I document all my patches in my Findings section?)
- "Status item" text no longer shows graphical errors after 16 drawn tiles.
- VWF core routine no longer touches MainScript state, other users of VWF no longer corrupt MainScript state
- Known bug: Oshe's curry speech seems to be improperly formatted or I have more main script corruption bugs. Denju call screen main script is weird because it doesn't get initialized like regular main script windows.
- All Denjuu name occurances are now entirely sourced from the 16-char entries. No more uppercase names.
- VWF core routine now much more conservative with drawing onto the next tile, should fix all "next tile in VRAM gets erased" bugs.
- Fix for "INVALID" placeholder Denjuu nature on certain status screens
- Fixes auto-nickname limit.
- Known bug: Denjuu loss screen shows incorrect denjuu name
- Removed Sanky's v40, as we fixed the underlying cause of the behavior by making the VWF more conservative on tile usage. This was causing a bug where VRAM clears would complete one tile earlier then they should.
- Fixed the Denjuu loss screen bug.
- Updated Denjuu names.
- Bug fix for v71. Denjuu names other than Crypto were behaving stangely due to the code looking for the sram Denjuu data in 6-byte blocks rather than 16-byte blocks.
- A bugfix for my.. bugfix? o_O;
- Changed one ld a,09 to ld a,10 so attack names don't get cut off in-battle
- Changed "Cultured Denjuu" to "Cultivated Denjuu"
- Changed "Dark Void Denjuu" to "Dark Space Denjuu"
- Inserted Umekichi "dialogue"
- Moved the name data in D460 to D6A0 to prevent data in ram from being overwritten or misread.
Note: All E5 60 D4 codes in the script are now E5 A0 D6. Unfortunately there are too many to list.
- Moved the name data in D440 to D68D to prevent data in ram from being overwritten or misread.
Note: That one E5 40 D4 code in the script is now E5 8D D6. It's from the line that says "[name] appeared!" in bank 45.
- Kurinon Village done! Story, NPCs and even unused text. Kimbles probably knows better than me, by this point. XD
- Fixed garbage text in Denjuu names over 6-char by stopping the copied entry from being truncated before the trailing E0.
- Increased printed characters for Denjuu names on the status screen.
- Increased printed characters for the Denjuu names on the pre-battle Denjuu selection screen.
- Increased printed characters for the in-battle Denjuu name that appears above the health bar.
- Fixes the game crashing upon picking up and placing an item again.
The single change: RO78:6FF9 ld a,0B RO78:6FFB ld (C423),a RO78:6FFE ret
- Apparently in v78 I only broke the character limit for the first name in the Denjuu selection screen. This should fix the limits for the second and third names.
- Nickname screen fixed.
- Fixes the Denjuu name not appearing during a phone call.
- This VWFs every other piece of text in the game (that I know about).
- This adds a byte at WRAM C7C8, when it's set to 1 it causes all letters to be treated as 8 pixels wide. This isn't actually set by anything, I need to write VWF-Enable and VWF-Disable control codes into the main script interpreter, but it's getting late.
- Adds two control codes EA (VWF disable) and EB (VWF enable).
- Still cannot be used until I modify the game to use a different script routine for the naming screens.
- Moved D4B1 names to D658 where they can't overwrite reserved values in ram.
- Mass replaced E5 B1 D4 with E5 58 D6 in the script.
- Fixed an E5 code typo in the phrase "[name]'s Denma attack went up!" causing the name to not display.
- Found a cure for Ornith's sadness. :P Yep. More name limit expansions.
- Expanded D420 to 16 chars and a trailing E0. Sorry Sanky but I had to remove your old hack.
- Moved D420's content to an unused section of ram to accomodate the full 17 bytes.
- Refixed the "[name] appeared!" message after the above changes.
- Applied FWF to name input screens. This adds an extra pointer to the game script btw.
- Added in Kimbles' Iris story and NPC translations!
- Tweaked the map text routine to enable text longer than 15 characters (moved it from CA00 to CCC0)
- Changed Pepperi Mount. to Pepperi Mountain accordingly, although we probably want to do full names later (i.e., The Devil's Mountain, Mt. Pepperi)
- All dialogue and associated pointer table pairs now occupy their own bank.
Note: Previously empty bank numbers 25, 43, 44, and 58 are now used.
- Updated Kimbles' translations
- Corrected evolution graphics which were crashing before.
Originally (Japanese version):
0x1d - bank 0x4d + 0x65c9 (0x1365c9), 0x350 bytes compressed read in 0x9000 0x1e - bank 0x4d + 0x622e (0x13622e), 0x350 bytes compressed read in 0x9000 0x1f - bank 0x4d + 0x648d (0x13648d), 0x190 bytes compressed read in 0x9400
In v88 the graphics have mysteriously dematerialized. Now:
0x1d - bank 0x61 + 0x4000 (0x184000), 0x350 bytes compressed read in 0x9000 0x1e - bank 0x61 + 0x4350 (0x184350), 0x350 bytes compressed read in 0x9000 0x1f - bank 0x61 + 0x46e3 (0x1846e3), 0x190 bytes not compressed read in 0x9400
The first two are backgrounds and need not to be changed. The third one is the CANNOT EVOLVE text, which we might want to change (I fudged it a bit), so it's uncompressed. Yay! http://telefang.net/etc/TPatch89.ips
- Made the tilde a bit longer and prettier~
- Added dumps and placeholders for multiple banks
- This fixes the glitchy calls. When andwhyisit moved the extra texts into individual banks, he accidentally wrote the pointers in big endian, which is why the game exploded upon attempting to read them.
- Fixed cursor position for Yes/No prompts on the following screens:
- Being asked to nickname a Denjuu
- Being asked "Are you sure?" after selecting Denjuu prior to battle
(More details here: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Tulunk_Village/topic/515337/22/?x=30#post-8257997 -- could be useful for future cursor fixes)
- Made "Defense", "Denma", "Type:" look better on the status screen
- Put a space after Sky etc. to workaround the glitchy tile, and moved the slash elsewhere to workaround long types.
- Put in a small chunk of Barran NPC text.
The previously compressed status screen tiles can now be found uncompressed at 0xd4a26.
- Fixed the midnight palette bug in VBA.
- All VBA-related clock bugs to my knowledge are now fixed.
- Corrected a horrible corruption caused in v91.
- Reinserted the moved banks, since the previous placeholders didn't have end codes.
- Reinserted the general bank with a handful of changes.
- Added tiny hex codes 1 through 1f to the font, because I could.
Normally when you go to choose to not nickname a Denjuu you end up with a full-length default name, but if you choose to nickname and then go with the default you would be stuck with the truncated name. With this patch the game checks that the 6-char truncation of the default matches the submitted nickname, and if so replaces it with the full length default.
So essentially this allows you to change your mind after saying yes to nicknames.
- Fixed some overly long lines ("What was that all about...?" and "X has challenged you!") that broke the text box.
- Fixed the FD figure jumping over 100 in phone calls.
This fixes the names not appearing in the call log.
This repositions the cursor on various screens when linking two games.
(More details here: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Tulunk_Village/topic/515337/23/?x=30#post-8260524)
- IPS format: http://www.mediafire.com/file/353n2s1h2znrir6/tfpatchv101.ips (157 KB)
- BPS format: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ftg5o6kls5dxtr/tfpatchv101.bps (90 KB)
- Characters for foreign languages (Spanish, French, German, and Italian) are added to the game's font, but currently unused.
- The D-Shot screen now cycles between uppercase-lowercase-numbers instead of uppercase-numbers-lowercase. The character entry, buttons, and label on the bottom left have all been updated accordingly.
(More details here: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Tulunk_Village/topic/515337/24/?x=30#post-8264304)
- BPS patch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/56n19u7tc18qyho/tfpatchv102.bps
- IPS patch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1tmadiac77n4ksc/tfpatchv102.ips
By Blaziken257 and Sanky
- Implemented a bug fix from version 102 where certain D-Shot screens would have lowercase letters on their buttons instead of numbers
- Added ¡ and ¿ to the font (currently unused)
- Fixed a blank nickname bug introduced in an earlier patch
- BPS patch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cd2o58wii1k53wj/tfpatchv103.bps
- IPS patch: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fbneou0p18b75qu/tfpatchv103.ips
By Sanky and Kimbles
- Inserted Barran story & NPC text.
- Added an ellipsis and a "!!" character. Started using Denjuu E5 code and 's.
- Implemented a special character for FAR text, FC, which currently simply jumps to bank 2E, pointer following. Code is at B:7c89, as an extension of kmeisthax's advice.
- Updated other misc. text.
- Translated the credits splash screen, seen on startup.
By Sanky and Kimbles
- Added new translations by Kimbles, including but not limited to:
- Ion Island
- Beginning of Paparuna
- Various corrections
- Reinserted all text using new text inserter. Line wrapping and cut-off issues, begone!
- Fixes the bug where Denjuu with a contact number greater than 16 (as in your 17th Denjuu) would return the name of the Denjuu with contact number "((contactnum-1)%16)+1" instead.